There is one thing I can do blindfolded and I never screw it up
Are there things in your life you can do blindfolded? Things you would never fail, even if you wanted to? Things you could do any time of the day or in the middle of the night without light? Like raid the fridge for example.😉 I’m sure there are.
Well, here you find some of mine:
Five things I do well
• Eating chocolate. No wonder, I grew up in the country producing the very best chocolate. Seriously. If you’ve never tried Swiss chocolate, you don’t know what you are talking about. I can eat it any time, no matter what I’m doing. I just pop a piece into my mouth and woops, it’s gone. Easy.
And by the way, I can do the same with espresso, coffee, cappuccino and wine. I kid you not.
But on a serious note I believe there are some things I’m really good at:
• Negotiating a compromise. There is so much more in this world then just black and white. And to successfully handle the most unfavorable situation I’m trying to find the way in the middle. Maybe this is a female trait or it’s an in my genes, who knows?
• Getting what I want by being persistent and not giving up. If I really want something or want to reach something, I know how to make sure I’m getting it. I guess some people (aka the Hubs) would say I can be a pain in the neck at times.
• Scuba diving, obviously. When I was working in the diving industry it would have been very bad and dangerous if I wouldn’t have had the skills.
• Staying in shape (despite the chocolate, or maybe because of it). Unfortunately we can seldom buy the ‘real stuff’ here in Paradise, so I’m eating less of it. Or maybe it’s because I love the dark or bitter varieties most. And these are the ones that don’t stick to the ribs.😉. But seriously, I don’t do sports, but I’m always doing something, hardly ever sit down. Luckily I don’t gain weight and can eat whatever I like. But I do eat it in moderation and I don’t overdo with the ‘unhealthy’ things, I’d rather have a salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and my veggies need to be crispy.
However there is always room for improvement, there are several other things I also would like to do well. I may even give them a try, but I screw up. At least it seems to me I can’t get it right. Sigh.
Five things I’d love to do better
• The whole parenting-thing. I try to do my best and I’m learning every day, but sometimes it’s rather nerve-wrecking. I believe every parent knows what I’m talking about. Luckily it already started to get better since the tot is in pre-school, maybe I just had a little parenting-burn-out and needed some time for myself.
• Having more patience and being calmer, more relaxed. I’m already doing much better then I used to do some years ago. Maybe it has to do with getting older and more mature, or maybe it has to do with being a mother.
• Cooking. Without a cookbook I’m lost, the only things I can do well are the meals I’ve done many times in the past. I’m so glad I have the Hubs. He’s the person, who puts together a splendid meal with the things he finds in the house. And this man has never ever in his life used a cookbook. My baking skills are not too bad though.
• Drawing. I would love to be able to sketch from scratch. But my drawings are always looking, hmm, a bit odd.
• Singing. I’m reasonable good under the shower, none of my neighbors has ever complained. But that’s about it.
Hop over to those lovely ladies and check out the other entries if you like.
I’m curious, what are the things you can do with your eyes closed? Or maybe you want to tell me about the things you would love to do better, but just can’t do it right?
I was not compensated in any way by the company mentioned in the picture, although I wish they would send me some of their products.🙂