Twosome is awesome, but …
And we had another awesome week in Paradise. The tot was in school, the Hubs was off work for a couple of days and what does the Mommy want more? Nothing, nada, nixinixnix. Ok, a little sunshine would have been nice too, but we managed without.
This week I realized several things, some rather important things.
1. My husband is actually able to morph back into the person he was before ‘Timan’, even before we were married. This week we did things we used to do prior to the arrival our bundle of endless energy, just the two of us.
2. We went for a cappuccino in the morning to our favorite coffee shop,
we went for lunch like a couple on a date, we talked and smiled and talked and laughed and enjoyed. But to top it all: we went SHOPPING, shopping for clothes and shopping for shoes, shopping for the Hubs to be exact!!! And it was even his own idea. :-)
3. I was very surprised. Usually he’s getting goose bumps and runs for cover when I mention the S-word.
4. And yeah, the other thing we did too.
5. And then I cracked my toe. Outch. No, hold your horses, it happened later.
The Hubs and ‘Timan’ were happy doing dude things, like wrestling and such, while I was happily watching from the side.
But the guys wanted Mommy to join in the game. And since I’m doing everything for my men, I gave in. We had lots of fun, for a short while. I was running around and jumping like a deer and … kicked the corner, the tot’s indoor tricycle, the couch, I can’t remember what. Now my toe is almost double the size and blue. I spare you the photo. And I started wondering why do I always hit the 4th or the pinky toe and never the big ones? But never mind, at least I don’t have problems getting into shoes. Flip-flops have plenty of room.
6. My final lesson this week: twosome is awesome, but threesome is best (despite the toe).
And with this I wish everyone an awesome twosome, threesome, plenty-some weekend (or a lonesome one, if you prefer).
For more of those important lessons life is teaching you, head over to ‘Life Ever Since’:
Do you end up with casualties too when you’re roughhousing with your men? Or is it just me getting to old for this stuff. Sigh.