Some people dance, but others just run and count and some grow plants
Posted by Karin @Mommy's Paradise
We had many happy days this week and hardly any temper tantrums or other fits. Video taping the tot in action and showing him the footage really seems to work.
But what did I learn this week? One major thing: Think where you go before you go. 🙂
But first things first, the week started very loud and very sweaty:
1. Last weekend we went to a party. Nice people, some kids for ‘Timan’, good food and drinks, but most of all, good dance music. And this music (and probably the food and too much sugar) made ‘Timan’ hyper, he kept jumping and dancing, but all of a sudden running and running like a perpetuum mobile. He didn’t stop anymore. Eventually we had to leave and it took ages to calm the tot down afterwards. Even at home, it was around 11pm, he wanted to party and ‘run’ to the music. Oh, little one, dancing is perfectly ok, just skip the running, the only thing you do is knocking over other people.
2. The way to handle ‘Timan’s toilet issues in town is to look ahead. In the past, every single time the tot had to go potty we were busy in a shop. And this means, stopping the shopping and dropping whatever I had in my hands, heading outside on the lookout for a public restroom (that doesn’t exist anyway or is much too dirty) or an appropriate place with a tree and not too many people around. This is sometimes difficult in town. But I realized, whenever we were passing such a place (the tree – not the public restroom, ‘Timan’ is still refusing to even enter one) and I remember to ask the tot if he has to go, the answer is always ‘yes’. However, before we leave home, the answer is always ‘no’. How come?
3. Concerning school skills we had a successful week: ‘Timan’ is counting from 1 to 10 in Swiss and in English. I’m so proud. The rainy days are paying off. 😉
4. I’m a plant lover and since a couple of days I own a plant, an ‘Aloe Vera’. This may sound funny to you, but I didn’t grow plants for years. I used to have many Orchids when I was in Europe, however living on a boat doesn’t work out for plants and with all the green in the tropics I saw no need for plants inside the house either. But now, I want to start growing some kitchen herbs and most of all medicinal plants.
5. And the very last thing, yesterday the Hubs picked up a present for ‘Timan’ at the post office. It’s from my parents and it’s a new DVD with the ‘Cars’ characters. The tot will be beside himself with joy when I’m going to give it to him Sunday morning. I hope this will buy me some quiet time this weekend after all, in spite of the little one skipping naps.
And maybe, just maybe, ‘Timan’ decides to sleep in on Sunday. I would be so happy.
I hope you’ll have a perfect weekend.
For more of those important lessons life is teaching you, head over to ‘Life Ever Since’:
But please tell me, are you growing medicinal plants as well? What plants are you growing and what for?
Posted on October 22, 2011, in 'Timan', Sleep, Socializing, Town and tagged counting 1-10, medicinal plants, running instead of dancing, the way I see life, toilet training. Bookmark the permalink. 12 Comments.