Did I really put an end to the screeching habit?
Finally, we had less rain this week. ‘Timan’ and I even went to town for a coffee with the Hubs. Or course we took the bus. No, no not the one the tot wanted to buy for me. 😉
Still, several things have happened this week. And ‘Timan’ and I learned a couple of things as well:
1. We have a change of season coming up here in paradise, from
hot and wet warm and dry to hotter and wetter hot and wet. Actually just about now is the official beginning of the northeast monsoon or the ‘rainy season’, but it seems like it has started a couple of weeks earlier this year.
2. When we were in town I stocked up on some crafty materials, some more coloring books, pencils and crayons. For the many rainy days to come until the tot is going to preschool next year. Obviously ‘Timan’ wanted to do many colorful paintings the very same day.
3. During a temper tantrum, or better a screeching fit, I grabbed my camera and recorded the whole episode. A day later I showed ‘Timan’ the footage on the computer and the tot was rather surprised and quite impressed. “That’s I screaming!! Mommy, that’s not nice. I don’t like. Mommy, why I do this??” And I explained why he was having the fit and he was just looking at me with big eyes. Maybe, just maybe he’s realizing now how unnecessary and silly the screaming is and that screeching is getting him nowhere, especially not the item or action he wanted in the first place.
4. My little boy can be really polite again, if he wants to. This week we had days when phrases like ‘Mommy, please help, take these two (pieces of LEGO) apart’ and ‘can I please see movie when you sweep the floor’ came so effortless. All of a sudden the ‘magic word’ is a part of his speech again. These days were full of smile and laughter and sweet talk.
5. Talking about talking. There are three people living in our house and one of them is talking and babbling and talking and whispering and talking every second he’s awake, even when he’s eating and sometimes in his sleep as well. Especially during the time another person is also talking on the phone, talking to a neighbour or trying to watch the news on TV. Take a guess who I’m talking about.
6. Accidentally I found out how to give pictures on my wordpress.com blog a custom size. 🙂 I don’t understand how I could have missed this before. Probably there are many more things I could do, if only I knew. It wouldn’t hurt if I dig a little bit more into this matter.
And that’s one of the plans for this weekend. Have a great weekend everyone. 🙂
For more of those important lessons life is teaching you, head over to ‘Life With Baby Donut’:
Or check out the ‘Sunday Funday’ and link up your favorite post of the week @ ’The Fence‘:
Are or were your tots sometimes screeching and screaming as well? How did you stop this habit? Please tell me, just in case my tot is forgetting how silly he looks during a fit. 😉
Posted on October 14, 2011, in 'Timan', Blogging, Northeast Monsoon, Parenting and tagged how to stop a kid from screeching, stop the screeching habit, the way I see life. Bookmark the permalink. 31 Comments.