Things I like about me
While I was commenting on some blogs earlier this week, I came across CiaoMom with her challenge: Make a list of things you like about you. Ok, no problem, I’ll do that. So I started to think about what I like about me. Hmmm, this is actually tougher than I thought in the first place. Taking a deep and honest look into my inner self.
It’s something I normally don’t think about. I am the way I am and that’s it. I am living my life with its ups and downs, people came into my life, some stayed, some left. I accepted this as normal, I guess I accepted me the way I am. The good and the bad part, because of course there were things I didn’t like about me, and still don’t like, but that’s the way I am. Some of these things, some personality traits for instance, I’m working on, but others I just have to accept.
You read my post and maybe you’ll say, yes that’s me, that’s the author of this blog, or that’s the person you know, or maybe you see me in a different way. But this is how I see myself, it’s a kind of psychological striptease. Ough, I don’t like this word.
These are the things I like about me, in no particular order, just the way they popped up in my mind (so maybe they are in an order, who knows?):
- I like my abs. Seriously. I was the sporty type all my life, I ended up with a ‘sporty’ job, I was outdoors most of the time. In spite of being 40 years old when I gave birth, I managed to get my abs back (ok, there’s a little belly that wasn’t there before, but that’s normal because of the stretched muscles 😉 this sounds good, right?)
- I like my logical thinking. Everything has a reason and blue is blue. I believe in the evolution and in everything my mind is able to comprehend.
- I like that I’m smart.
- I like the path of life I chose. If I had stayed in Europe, never I would have met my husband and therefore never ever we would have had ‘Timan’.
- I like my adventurous side.
- I like that I believe in the good side of people.
- I like the way I appear to people I don’t know, especially when I want them to believe in something about me. Or give it a different name, I like my acting skills.
- I like my eyes. They are blue. A true blue. And I have contact lenses that make them even more blue.
- I like my good metabolism that gives me the ability to eat what I want and I won’t gain too much weight as long as I keep moving.
- I like my bubbly personality. Even though that’s my downfall sometimes. Sigh. But it keeps life interesting.
And to sum it up, I like that I like myself. Because it makes me feel good. And it makes me smile. I hope I didn’t scare you off, but as I said at the beginning, it’s the way I see myself (most of the time).
But now it’s your turn. What do you like about yourself? Tell me or link up with CiaoMom and celebrate yourself. Because you deserve it. Seriously. You are yourself and you are great the way you are. 🙂