The bucket lists
I love lists. We have a shopping list hanging on the fridge for the Hubs where we write down groceries and household items we need, another shopping list I use for personal items or things for ‘Timan’ and every time I’m going to town, even just for having a coffee with a friend, I take my list with me, just in case I see the desired item. And then I have to buy it right away, otherwise I won’t be able to get it for the next 2 years, or ever. That’s how we roll here in Paradise.
Of course I also have a bucket list. A list of all the things I want to do before I … ahem … cash in my chips.
There was a time I would have had only one list. But now,
a couple of many years later, I have two lists. Plus the list with the things I have done already.
And the items keep moving forward on those lists, slowly from the last one towards the first one. Here they are:
List #1: Five things I’ve done
• Get out of the cold and live in the tropics.
• Travel and work in different countries and cultures while living the ‘beach-bum’ life. Earning a living by doing what I love most (diving) in the best places for scuba diving around the globe.
• Get a tatoo.
He is my buddy since almost a decade:
• Find and marry the partner who is willing to keep up with my sometimes
stubborn determined and quirky unconventional behavior.
• Have a child, give birth.
List #2: Five things I want to do
• Learn to speak Creole. I understand almost everything, just the talking is rather difficult because I mix it up with French.
• Scuba dive in Antarctica, under the ice. Preferably with a good camera, but I’d go without, no problem.
• Teach my son how to scuba dive and plant in him a life long passion for the marine environment. His dad will take care of the boating skills, I don’t doubt it. And maybe he (or both of them) will be coming along with me to dive with the Seals and Orcas.
• Buy the perfect house, with the perfect yard, in the perfect neighborhood, with the perfect view where I want to get old with the Hubs. Working on this one. Sigh.
• Sit with the Hubs on the front porch of this house, watching the ocean, sipping a
strong coffee, good glass of wine soothing herbal infusion and talking about the good old days some 40 years ago, when our son just started preschool.
List #3: One utopian idea I dream about
• Travel into the abyss, for example the Mariana Trench or any other ocean trench, to see with my own eyes the creatures that live in the dark and cold. I’d like to explore the great depth and maybe find a new form of life. And give it my name and become very famous. ;-)
Maybe I was born a couple of centuries too early, or maybe not? …
and with ‘Yeah Write':
But I’m curious, what’s on your list to do (or your dream of doing) before you kick the … ahem … before you leave?